Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Insanity Days 5 - 10

Alright...so this is B Flo coming to you with the latest update on her insanity training. Promise I'll refrain from talking about myself in the third person.

Anyways, so I've made it through day 10. Big victory. Especially because I found out some people at work (namely my boss and coworker started a bet about how long I would last). Don't worry, it was all done in good humor, and honestly, they bet I would last 2 weeks and 1 week, 4 days, respectively. Which is longer than I would have bet on myself...anyways, here's a recap.

For Days 1 - 4 refer to my previous blog. To summarize though: I thought I was dead on multiple occasions...

Day 5: Pure Cardio

So today was called 'Pure Cardio', and not going to lie...I was a little nervous. Since I don't really do Cardio. I mean, to be fair, I don't really do "working out" either. Anyways, Day 5 the sore-ness actually decreased. I think this is the tipping point in any workout regiment. Day 5 you actually start to get less sore. You can probably take this as a medical fact. Regarding the 'Pure Cardio' - it was probably the most intense workout I've done (with Insanity, and I'm pretty sure since High School). In the video even Shaun T said he was nervous about what was going to happen! When the instructor of the video says that...you know that you're basically fucked.

Day 6: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

So this was basically a repeat of Tuesday's fun-ness. Surprisingly, I think it went a little easier than Day 2. Definitely didn't leave me as sore the next day. The hardest part of the workout today was that I was ridiculously hung over, so I had to push my workout back til like 4ish...but I made it work, and was pretty proud. The hardest part is really planning your life around your workout. Like I have to think about what I'm doing each day and make sure that I'm either allotting enough time for workout, or prioritizing the workout over other things. Honestly, TV has taken the biggest hit (as I'm watching tonight's revenge...).

Day 7: Rest

Best. Day. Of. The. Workout. Just Kidding, but not really. After six intense days, I really needed to just relax and not worry about my workout for the day.

Day 8: Cardio & Power Resistance

While this is a really tough workout, I actually have grown to enjoy it. If there's one thing I've realized it's that I'm not nearly as strong as I thought. I think going into this workout I always knew that I was not in shape, but oh man I wasn't nearly as strong as I thought. So this Cardio Power & resistance was pretty helpful on strengthening your core, arms and legs. Definitely will be helpful in making sure I'm toned.

Day 9: Pure Cardio

Another round of Pure Cardio...It's not my favorite. It's basically 15 minutes of straight cardio...It's rough, but I actually think it worked out better than the first time. I was definitely able to push myself further than in week one. Despite the fact that it sucked, it was great feeling like my workout was actually helping me improve. Maybe one day i'll actually be able to get through this exercise...

Day 10: Plyometric Cardio Circuit, also known as the day Hell Froze Over

So today was a very interesting day...Let me back up to Day 9. While I was talking to someone at work, I kept saying how worried I was that there was going to be a Wednesday where I wasn't going to be able to do my workout. You see, Wednesdays I usually work pretty late, and I've got trivia at 8:30, and don't get home until about 11pm...so there doesn't really leave too much time to workout.

So, they suggested that I work out in the morning. I actually may have laughed in her face. If you know me, you know that there are two things I don't do: work out and wake up early. But then thinking about it, I realized that I was already doing one of those things. So why not try for the next one? I guess I don't really know what's come over me. I'm starting to think that I need to start getting shit done. I *could* wake up early and work out, I just didn't want to. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? I believe Kelly Clarkson said that first. I can't take all the credit.

Anyways, I realized I wasn't really doing anything substantial after 10pm on Tuesday...why not just go to bed, and wake up early the next day? The only reason I had was because I didn't want to. That's not a good reason. So I decided to do it. Then, craziness happened...I actually did it! Like I woke up at 6am, got ready, worked out, showered, got breakfast and went to work! I'm pretty sure I just confirmed the coming apocalypse. Sorry, guys...

Anyways, tomorrow is Cardio Recovery! Looking forward to it!

Until the next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment