Thursday, April 12, 2012

Insanity Days 1 - 4


So I decided to start blogging. There are a couple of reasons. Partly because 140 characters wasn't enough. (that was a twitter reference, btw). Partly because I enjoy writing, so I figure this will be fun.

Finally, i recently started insanity. The workout plan. And me. (If you know me, you know how crazy that is). It's day four and i'm more sore than i've ever been in my life. I realized that I want to document this stuff. Also my life (although now, it basically revolves around this workout plan).
But anyways, here's a recap.

Also, Here's the total workout plan. (Left)

Reasoning behind Insanity: well...there are a couple reasons behind my decision to do this insanity program. Obviously I'm insane, but aren't we all? But really, for a while now, I've been thinking: "Wow Brittany (I often refer to myself in the third person when I talk to myself), you are really out of shape. You should work out." So I tell myself...I'll work out tonight. Then I get home and I start watching TV and then I watch more TV, and then I have to go to bed. Then I wake up the next day and repeat. But getting in shape is something that's really important to me. If/when Zombies attack, I need to be sure that I'm in my physical peak. And, frankly, I'm just not there yet.

I leave for Cabo May 12th, and have been thinking that I really need to get my ass in shape. I call it, "Operation Cabo Body". About a week or so ago, my family was talking about these insanity workouts and how they are crazy. Also, how I could never do it. But also how they're supposed to get you in shape in 60 days. I saw some before and after pictures and figured my before isn't nearly as bad as some of these people, so I bet I'd see results by the time I left for Cabo. So, that's my goal. I feel like I'm the kind of person that really needs to go all out or just not do anything at all. So...here I am. Doing these insanity workouts, and telling people that I'm doing them so that I'm kinda forced to follow through on this. Also, I need to prove my mother wrong.

Day One: The Fit Test.

SHOCKER: I found out I'm not fit. They had us do a bunch of "fit tests" and see how many of each thing we could do. It was ridiculous. I was dying within the first few minutes...At certain points, I had to physically stop. Luckily, Shaun T's legal team makes him tell us that we can stop and take a rest if we need to. So I did. I'm also pretty sure i was doing every exercise wrong. So Day One. Found out I'm a failure. Also literally thought I was going throw up at the end.

Day Two: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Basically the most intense workout I had ever had. (Until possibly Day 3...). So many drills...Basically, from what I've gathered, the point of insanity is to literally work out to the point of insanity, usually about 3 minutes, then take a break, then go at it again. Luckily, the whole thing (including pre and post stretches) takes about 42 minutes. Which actually is pretty nice. It's about 35 minutes of hell. But I'm hoping totally worthless. Anyways, by the end of this workout I was on the ground again, and even though I didn't need to throw up, I was shaking uncontrollably.

Day Three: Cardio Power and Resistance

Okay so Wearing heels to work on Day Two and Three was a terrible decision. I was basically a hot mess. Even before workout three started. Anyways, if these workouts have taught me anything so far, it's that not only am I not in shape, but physically I'm not as strong as I thought I was, and I'm just as flexible as I thought I was (which, by the way, is NOT AT ALL flexible). There were actually some exercises where I actually was literally not flexible enough to complete them. Also, my legs and arms were giving out. I'm really hoping that I get my shit together by next week.

Day Four: Cardio Recovery

I'm not going to lie, I was really looking forward to today. I was like, this is going to be great. I'm going to get to recover. I totally mistook the "cardio recovery" for muscle recovery. It was definitely cardio recovery, I wasn't panting or anything, but my muscles did not get a break. There was lots of stretching...and lunges. My legs gave out again. This is definitely something I'll need to work on. There were also a lot of yoga moves, which, given my terrible flexibility, was not terribly fun for me.

Anyways, super excited for Day Five. The tough thing about all of this is that I've got to make sure that I don't go anywhere over the weekend, and that I've got enough time after work every day to do this workout. Well, Sunday is the day off (luckily), so I've got two more days to go. Then rinse and repeat.

Until next time...

Also, this was very fun. I think I'll continue.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Brit. How have you not told me you were going to start this? Well, I wish you well. I have seen you both faint and throw up after physical activity - however I'm sure you will succeed!

    -acoop

    ReplyDelete